How can I increase my credit card limit?

Fresh Eyes
    Hi

It has been more than two years since the credit limit on my credit card has not increased, remaining fixed at £250.

Two months after opening my account, I received a letter stating an increase in my credit limit on a specific date. Assuming this would happen automatically, I took no action, but unfortunately, my credit limit did not increase on that date. When I spoke to your colleagues, they mentioned that I missed out on that offer and needed to wait for another one. However, it's been over two years, and I haven't received any offers, while my other credit cards have increased to £6000.

Oddly, credit agencies like Credit Karma or Clear Score suggest Tesco credit cards with a much lower interest rate and a significantly higher credit limit as pre-approval. I prefer not to open a new account and impact my credit scores.

I find it strange since I read in Tesco Bank's rules that I can have up to three credit cards from them. Though I don't recall the exact number, I'm confident I can have more than one Tesco Bank credit card.

My question is why these changes are not applied to my existing Tesco account, and how long should I wait for this £250 to change? It's my smallest credit limit, and it looks absurd next to my increased credit cards. Maybe Tesco Bank is unaware of my situation and has forgotten about me?

Kind Regards.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @BehnamPopMusic Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

It's not guaranteed that we will offer a credit limit on your account. You can hold up to 2 card with us at any one time. You can apply for a new card with a higher limit if you'd like, or you can apply to increase the limit on your existing account. You can find out how to do so here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!