Credit card late payment - how will it effect my credit rating

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Good Morning

I wonder if anyone can help.

i am conscious that a late payment will effect my credit file which I have worked
    really hard to keep positive.

I had a statement from my credit card which I attempted to pay in full.

every time I attempted to pay via the secure app which takes you through via your own personal bank . I would get 99% of the way to only receive an error message that I " Sorry there has been a problem please restart the app"

I did of course try this a handful of times to receive the error . I subsequently contacted Tesco customer services via telephone, upon doing so there was a recorded message explaining there had been technical issues and there would be a 30 minute wait . I assumed the technicial issue were the very same I was experiencing.

after 40 minutes waiting on the phone I could not wait any longer due to I work in and office and constraints

The very next day I repeated the same process again , but logging inti the Tesco
    app a late fee of £12 had been applieed

aftee Looking more closely I managed to add a debit and pay my balance in full

i since have telephone Tesco customer services after 35 minutes of waiting a kind lady came to the phone . I explained the situation and she apologised and refunded me £12 . Although the lady couldn't be sure if this
    Now late payment would effect my credit rating .i have since set up a direct debit with customer services .

i am very worried that this will effect my credit rating please can someone Assist me please 🙏?

kind regards
    scott
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi
    "I kindly request your assistance. Since 4 AM, I have been unable to sleep. Yesterday evening, I received an email stating that I have a missing payment. This bewildered me, as I always maintain savings in my account, and no attempts for a payment had occurred in my account. Immediately after receiving this email, I settled my credit card and realized that I hadn't set up a direct debit, despite my usual practice of configuring it before receiving the card.

I am disabled and unable to work, and for the past few years, I have been striving to save money and improve my credit scores through regular payments. This is because it's quite challenging for unemployed disabled individuals to obtain mortgage loans. Now, just when I want to secure a mortgage solely due to having a good credit score, this bitter situation has arisen, and I feel terrible. Please, if you know, advise me on what to do to prevent this from being reported to credit agencies. It seems like only five days have passed, but I received the email yesterday evening and immediately settled my account. Please guide me; I am emotionally distressed."
    Your Community Expert
    @BehnamPopMusic Hey, I can see this got resolved by DM.

I hope all is well? 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!