Why do I need an insurance account when I already have a Tesco bank account?

Fresh Eyes
    I applied for an took out a Tesco home insurance policy yesterday and last night I was feeling positive about the customer journey. That changed this morning when I tried to upload the signed agreement

I started the journey in the Tesco Bank Application where I had the notification of an insurance deal being available. I clicked on that and went through the process which was smooth.

This morning I opened the email where it asked me to download and sign a document. I thought that I'd be able to do that on my banking account, but that was not the case.

No I had to create a whole new account for insurance, this is just unnecessary overhead, as a customer there should be an easy option on the App / Web account where I can link my Insurance policies to my existing Tesco Bank login. I should not need another set of credentials to manage.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Kiltedjedi Hey there, thanks for getting in touch.

Your Insurance Account and Online Banking are separate accounts for now, I'm afraid. However, this may be changing in the future. We'll keep our customers updated on any progress on this.

We do appreciate the feedback though and I'll make sure it's passed to the relevant team.

Take care.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!