Notice of Arrears Sum

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I have received a letter saying I have made 2 late payments and the letter is a sum of arrears. The letter said that £79 was owed and that I had paid £60 and £19 was still outstanding.

I missed a payment on my June statement. The July statement (dated 15/7) had the £12 late payment fee and the minimum payment increased (it was £54) which I believe was to include the arrears from June. On 15th July, so the same day the July statement is produced, I made a £60 payment to clear the minimum due and a bit extra. I also setup a direct debit to ensure I would never made a late payment again. I spoke to the bank who kindly refunded the £12 late payment fee. I assumed a direct debit would be take on 9/8 but it wasn’t.

Statement is produced on 15/8 and its back to normal. Showing the £60 paid on 15/7 and the late payment fee reversal. The minimum payment is also back down to the normal £25. I have paid £100 today.

To the best of my knowledge I have only made one late payment so do not understand why I have received a letter (dated 15/8) saying 2 payments have been late?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hey, I've replied to your private messages relating to this.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!