Bank Payment not received after 5 days.

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    So I paid my credit card bill online on 13/2/23, in my Tesco Credit Card account it shows this money as going into the account on the same date. My Halifax account shows the amount going out on 14/2/23.

I know it takes a couple of working days to clear, but today 19/2/23 i get a message and email to say i have reached 95% of my credit limit?????

So even 5 days after the payment has left the Halifax, Tesco have not credited the money into the card account and its weirdly still outstanding, even though its on the statement.

I seem to recall somewhere that Tesco uses another Bank as its 'clearing house', i remember years ago it was one of the Scottish Banks. Every other online transaction usually states within 2hrs and often it almost immediately between different Banks.

So Tesco what is happening? The same thing happened a year or so back and after a phone call it was immediately credited, but not as bad as when i paid the bill on the actual day it goes out, and they froze the account for alleged money laundering because 2 payments had gone out in less than a month.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi @oakeycoke, please send us over a private message to Tesco-Bank here and we'll be able to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!