Loan Chaos

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Absolutely fuming.

My wife and I applied for a loan on Monday and we were approved. We signed the digital agreement. She received a confirmation text. The message on screen said that we should receive our funds within 24 hours.

Great...we thought.

On wednesday, still nothing, so we rang customer service and were told there was a 'note' on the application, despite being approved and everything was ready to go. But she couldn't tell us what the note 'meant'. Then we were told that they tried to pay the money in but it didn't go through. I mean...what? Why? She had no idea why, and we were then told that 'an investigation' was opened and that it could take up to a month. A MONTH!!! But she actuallly had no idea how long it would take...

Friday comes along, still no word, no communication, nothing. We ring again a short while ago and were left on hold for 30 minutes while the chap 'read the file'. Apparently there's a 'problem' with their system and it could still take weeks to solve. WEEKS! I mean...how...why? So we're still in the dark about the problem.

We said, fine, we'll have to cancel the loan and take our business elsewhere because we don't have the time to be mucked around like this. Nope...can't cancel...because the money hasn't gone through, we can't technically give it back. I mean, what the hell? We are stuck with no answers and no solutions and NO-ONE is helping us. This has to be the worst run bank I have ever encountered and I hate that I have to come here and rant like this.

But we were left with "someone will ring you next week..." Great, terrific, so we have the weekend to fret and stress about something that should have been simple from the get go and we can't even go elsewhere until they deign to sort it out.

Any help, suggestions, commiserations, therapy or otherwise, would be much appreciated, thank you.
  • 2 Replies

Fresh Eyes
    Would also like to add we've just seen on our banking app that a Direct Debit for Tesco Bank has mysteriously appeared on the DD list - despite the funds for the loan being strangely absent. This whole thing stinks.
    Your Community Expert
    @Streetbloke76 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm really sorry to hear about this and can only imagine how stressful it has been. This isn't something I've seen happen before so I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be here; so hopefully the Loans team can get to the bottom of this for you as soon as possible.

Have you raised an official complaint? If not, you can do so here. If you'd prefer for us to raise it for you, you can send us a private message.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!