car insurance price

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I have been an existing customer with Tesco bank car insurance in last two years( 2022-2023-2024). Now its due to expire, but the renew price has gone up crazily(double price of last year). Even now I have lower the mileage, increase voluntary fee, the fee is still 50% more than last year. Could you give me an reasonable explanation please? I haven't had any accident and made any claim.
    Thank you.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @xinlanzheng Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry you've seen an increase in your premium this year.

Car Insurance prices are rising in general, I'm afraid, partly due to an increase in the number of accidents and claims, and the rise in costs of parts and labour also means it is costing more to repair or replace vehicles. This has unfortunately resulted in rising insurance premiums.

I appreciate this is frustrating, however if you'd like to chat through the quote in more detail then please call the Car Insurance team on 0345 246 2895 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 2pm) and they'll be happy to help. Take care.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!