Cash transaction fee following online payment for service

Fresh Eyes
    Hi, I've noticed on my credit card statement that an online payment I made for the supply of a service to my car has been treated as a cash transaction, with the associated fee and interest elements. Not sure why this would have happened but please would you advise whom I should contact to get it corrected.

Many thanks,
    Scott.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @sconifer Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate. This is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid.

We consider the following types of payments to be cash transactions: gambling transactions, wire/international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, purchasing gift cards, investments, share trading and spread betting.

If you call the Credit Card team directly, they will look into this for you. You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Take care.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!