Tesco Banking App non-responsive 21/03/2024

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hello, I've had the Tesco Bank App on my Android (V.9) for more than a year. Used occasionally and found okay. Today it became unresponsive to the first 2 digit security number entry for log-in. It accepted 1st digit but on trying to enter the 2nd there was no response after the entry. After a period a message said App was not responding. Wait or Close.
    Several attempts with same result so I uninstalled and installed latest from Play Store.
    Now it shows Welcome screen as if it is 1st time use and wants me to enter Username. I type that in and click continue then nothing else happened. Gave up.
    I know Tesco has just had IT problem yesterday as reported in the press, (along with Greggs and Sainsbury) is it this that's causing problem?
    My wife can login to her account on her Android phone and I can login to my account on my PC.
    My Tesco Bank App is V. 4.32.0 installed today.
    Any ideas please?
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @RAFGuy Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear about this.

Which device are you using?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @RAFGuy Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear about this.

Which device are you using?
    Hello, Its a Honor 9 Lite with Android V.9
    I have used the Tesco Bank App on it all last year without problems. I haven't added any other Apps since then apart from re-installing this tesco App from Play Store.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, Its a Honor 9 Lite with Android V.9
    I have used the Tesco Bank App on it all last year without problems. I haven't added any other Apps since then apart from re-installing this tesco App from Play Store.
    Well, I've just re-installed again (4th time) and have been able to make it work. So now I don't really know if its an I.T glitch their end or mine.
    Hope it will carry on working but would be nice if there were some way of looking at errors and events like you can on a PC.