Chargeback on perishable item

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I’ve made a chargeback claim about 10 days ago on a perishable item (Christmas cookies) as they were meant to be delivered before Christmas but never arrived. They were supposed to be sent via Royal Mail w/c 18/12. I had a dispatch email but no parcel number/tracking info. Tried to contact them but was not getting a response to emails.

A few days ago I had a Royal Mail card through the door asking me to collect a parcel with insufficient postage. I’m 90% sure that the company has seen the chargeback request, sent out the order but not paid delivery on it.

I really don’t want the cookies now as we’re well past Christmas, I’m not sure I’d trust eating them if the person is disgruntled and I don’t want to pay out any more money claiming them from the post office.

I’m not really sure what the protocol is with the chargeback in progress. If it is them, do I leave them there and let them get automatically returned?
  • 2 Replies

Fresh Eyes
    Just in case anyone has a similar experience, I spoke to the Dispute team. Very lovely guy said not to worry, the circumstances of the case remained the same so this wouldn’t have an impact. I’m leaving it to be automatically returned to the sender.
    Your Community Expert
    @Angela1826 Hey Angela, thanks for getting in touch!

That's correct, this won't impact your claim. As soon as the Disputes team have an update, they'll be in touch 😊

Take care.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!