Problems at fuel pumps

Fresh Eyes
    My tesco clubcard credit card makes tesco fuel pumps crash every time i use it, so i have to move to a different pump, fill up, go inside to tell staff, and pay at cashier. Bit annoying, means i can’t ever go at night or ‘pay at pump’, staff are aware of issue.
  • 13 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Pgroberts1985 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! It definitely sounds like there is an issue with your card.

If you call the Credit Card team they'll look into this for you.

You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP As i say, the staff inside told me that this has been happening a lot with clubcard creditcard users other than me
    Fresh Eyes
    I always use pay at pump for Petrol and use my Tesco Credit Card. Yesterday the pump would accept the credit card as a clubcard but not for payment. I tried 3 times before changing to pay in the shop. When I asked if there was a problem with pay at pump I was advised that the Tesco Credit card would no longer be accepted.
    This was said in a way that I should have known. I have had no issues up to yesterday. Surely Tesco would not invalidate the use of Tesco credit Cards to pay for fuel at the pump.
    Fresh Eyes
    Can you please advise why my credit card is not working with any Tesco pay at pump garage?
    Fresh Eyes
    I always use pay at pump for Petrol and use my Tesco Credit Card. Yesterday the pump would accept the credit card as a clubcard but not for payment. I tried 3 times before changing to pay in the shop. When I asked if there was a problem with pay at pump I was advised that the Tesco Credit card would no longer be accepted. basketball stars

This was said in a way that I should have known. I have had no issues up to yesterday. Surely Tesco would not invalidate the use of Tesco credit Cards to pay for fuel at the pump.
    If you tried to use your Tesco Credit Card at the pump but were unable, it could have been due to a technical glitch at the gas station you went to. On the other hand, Tesco might have upgraded their payment infrastructure, which impacts the acceptance of credit cards at the gas station. It's a good idea to check Tesco's website or call their customer care to see if their payment procedures have changed or if there are any known problems with using Tesco Credit Cards at the gas station. Switching up your pump payment method or getting in touch with the gas station directly can help if the problems persist.
    Fresh Eyes
    @wilkinsonwilfrid

Thank you for the reply. I have discovered what the problem is this week. I went to another Tesco Petrol Station and the card worked fine for pay at pump. However, my usual station at Wellingborough has had an upgrade of their pumps which apparently are incompatible with the Tesco Bank cards. Seems strange but that's the answer.
    Fresh Eyes
    My Tesco Credit card no longer works on pay at pump at Tesco garages.
    Fresh Eyes
    I have always used my Tesco credit card at Pay at Pump when purchasing fuel at Tesco petrol stations. Recently my card gets rejected after confirming that I want to pay with this card.

Yesterday all pumps in Nailsea said only Pay at Pump available. I went to Asda where my card was accepted no problem.

The problem with Tesco petrol stations has happened at 3 different stores. Anyone else had this problem? Should I request new cards?
    Your Community Expert
    Hey all, thanks for your feedback regarding this issue with Pay at Pump. I’ve merged all your threads together to contain in a single thread.

The Credit Card team has investigated this and told us they have found no issues with our cards, so it seems like it was a temporary issue/technology glitch that was affecting customers.

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you please reply to this thread with the date you were unable to use Pay at Pump and the store location so we can collate them? I appreciate some of you have already done this and we’ve taken note of these.

I appreciate this has been an inconvenience for all and would like to apologise for that.