Travel Insurance: what times are covered when only dates are shown in the quotes?

Fresh Eyes
    E.g. I want to get travel insurance and it asks for the start and end dates (leaving and returning).
    So, I put in 04-Feb (start) and 08-Feb (return date, end date).
    The quote says I'm covered for 4 nights starting on 04-Feb and ending 08-Feb.

The problem is that it's not clear if I'm covered until 08-Feb 23:59 or only until 07-Feb 23:59.?
    Also, I'm assuming that I'm covered from 04-Feb 00:00 - is this correct?

Any idea what the general rule is for times of coverage when only dates are shown?

I don't want to pay over £180 for travel insurance only to find that as soon as the date of 08-Feb 00:00 comes around my coverage has expired!

Should I always add an extra day to my coverage to ensure I'm actually covered for the return date? E.g. put in a leaving date of 04-Feb and a return date of 09-Feb just to ensure that I'm actually covered on the 08-Feb (return date)?

Thanks.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @psb01 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

We don't have access to Travel Insurance policies here, I'm afraid, so please contact the team directly for clarification on this. I've shared a link to their contact page below.

I hope this helps.

https://www.tescobank.com/travel-insurance/existing-customers/

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!