Complaint, credit file update.

Fresh Eyes
    Hi, so its been over a month now since I put in a complaint to tesco bank for a detail on my credit file of a missed payment when infact the payment was made 14 days before the recommended time before it was reported to my file. I am unhappy at the fact it was put down as a missed payment not a late payment, I've been using loans with them for over 6 years and never missed a payment. I've detailed the reason why the payment was over a few days due to my father passing and taking over his home, using what I had to pay the bills. Phoned tesco bank to tell them I may struggle to pay on time in May as he passed in April. They said to send the death certificate as proof and just make sure the payment was within the 14 day period.

Now I've made 3 complaints using there system as the only other way to contact them is post or phone. Clearly they didn't get my post with the death certificate and over the phone they can't discuss the complaint except exculate it. So what do I now do? If I use the credit agency all they say is talk to the provider first who put the missed payment on my file.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @Jackhammer20 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you send us a private message, we'll check to see if there has been any updates on the complaint and advise of the next steps.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!