Balance transfers.. query

Apprentice
    Hi.. I've had my tesco credit card for many years.. never missed a payment.. payed it off in full several times.. never had an issue AND ALWAYS had a 0% balance transfer offer available... UNTIL LAST MONTH? ... I have 4 thousand pounds of credit available on the card still.. and cannot understand why my only balance transfer offer now is at the standard rate... can you confirm if this is the new policy due to the bank of England increasing interest rates?.. and if so when can I expect the 0% balance transfers to be offered to me again as my current one ends in December ?. Thankyou.
  • 9 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @stickboy43 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. There aren't always 0% periods available on our accounts, I'm afraid. When a 0% period becomes available we will notify you by email or post (depending on your account correspondence preference).

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Apprentice
    @stickboy43.. thanks for taking the time to reply.. very bland answer and without wishing to sound ungrateful.. I know that.. I wanted to know why?. Are you able to give me live chat or direct email/ social media contact details so I can find out? I can't go through another long wait on the phone. The last time I waited 35 mins and the person I spoke to didn't seem to have good knowledge of 0 their own policies. Thanks Chris
    Your Community Expert
    @stickboy43 Hey, I've replied to your DM regarding this 😊
    Apprentice
    Good afternoon Chris... I'm sorry I can only find 1 message from you which didn't answer my question .. it was just a generic answer.. could you please answer again with just 3 of things if possible.. can you please tell me the date my current 0% balance transfer ends.. And what actions I can take to maximise the chances of a new 0% balance transfer offer being offered in the near future or if 0% transfers are not being offered currently due to the interest rates increasing .. thankyou
    Your Community Expert
    @stickboy43 I have replied to your private messages requesting further information. Please reply there so I can check your account. I appreciate the answer may not have been what you hoped for, however 0% periods are not always available on our accounts.
    Apprentice
    Morning.. could you please advise me me WHERE I can find your DM ... ? I thought this was DM... I have nothing on Facebook.. thanks Chris
    Your Community Manager
    Hey @stickboy43, to access your DM's, if you navigate to the top right hand corner of the page, there is an envelope icon next to your username 😊
    Fresh Eyes
    @stickboy43 I think banks are pulling the offers for existing customers and just using them to get new customers. Which is fine you can get a new card elsewhere but nothing doing for me at the moment. Like you, I’ve been a long term customer, always laying on time and clearing when I can. Seems they are happy to for is rack up interest on expiring offers and to use the card for purchases on interest (I also have sizeable available credit) but not to sensibly manage my debt. And NO ONE at Tesco bank is able to discuss this with you. The only option to help will affect future credit.

- - - Updated - - -

@stickboy43 I think banks are pulling the offers for existing customers and just using them to get new customers. Which is fine you can get a new card elsewhere but nothing doing for me at the moment. Like you, I’ve been a long term customer, always laying on time and clearing when I can. Seems they are happy to for is rack up interest on expiring offers and to use the card for purchases on interest (I also have sizeable available credit) but not to sensibly manage my debt. And NO ONE at Tesco bank is able to discuss this with you. The only option to help will affect future credit.

- - - Updated - - -