Solar Panels

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Previous posts and replies on the community threads suggest that solar panels and the connected inverter and battery, are covered by Tesco building insurance.
    The 'General Exclusions ' section of my Policy Booklet, however, states that solar panels are not covered - r) viii.
    My policy was taken out based on the information supplied on the community site. Can you please therefore clarify if solar panels, inverters and connected batteries are covered by Tesco building insurance?
    Thank you.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Judith114 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

We cover solar panels under your existing Buildings Insurance, provided they are permanently fixed to the building or the ground. This is confirmed within your policy booklet under the definition of 'buildings'.

This is covered on pages 4, 14 & 18 of your policy booklet which you can download here. The section you're referring to is regarding power generation systems which produce heat and electricity (these systems aren't covered).

I hope this helps 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!