Reverse balance transfer

Fresh Eyes
    Hi there,

I have a Tesco credit card with 0% on purchases, and the promotional period ends in July. Thus I transferred my remaining Tesco balance to a new card with a different provider.

When I applied for my new card, I was given the option to balance transfer. I had forgotten that I did this, so when my card was set up and the balance was 0, I initiated another transfer.

This has resulted in a fairly large negative balance on my Tesco card. I asked my new card provider if they could reverse it, and told me that it was better to get in touch with Tesco and ask for a "Reverse Balance Transfer" to clear this negative balance.

Is this something that is possible, and if so could I transfer the entirety of the negative balance to the same card that the previous two balance transfers were sent to please.

Thank you!
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @mhatma Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. You'll need to call us to arrange this. You can reach the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!