Had my mortgage declined due to Default Notice

at about the 27th May I logged into my Tesco credit card account and changed my direct debit to make the full payment on or around the 19th June which was £59 (instead of my usual minimum payment of about £25) and would have paid off the balance. however I then received a notice to state that I had been charged a late payment fee and a default placed on my credit file. I have since contacted customer services who explained that they would refund the £12 fee as they could see that I had changed the direct debit to make the full payment, but due to statement and payment dates it didn't change in time ???? so it didn't take the minimum payment either? I have put through a mortgage application today and it has been referred to the underwriters based on this one default notice, if I lose this mortgage then I lose the house, have to continue to pay rent costs and further mortgage and solicitor costs. I am still waiting for a resolution from the complaints team but it has been 10 days now and no one seems to want to talk to me. I got the 'they're all in a meeting' the last time I called today! Can someone help me please?
  • 4 Replies

Community superstar
    Good afternoon
    I'm really so sorry to hear about this catastrophic of events that has happened to you.
    I feel the best thing is for someone at Tesco Bank to look into this for you as they'll be only too happy to help.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', they will reply with an appropriate response.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please remember to include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps you get the resolution you need soon.
    Warm wishes and take care,
    Above and beyond
    Hi This is truly appalling, and urgently requires addressing.Good afternoon @Stroggy2
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', and request that they remove the default notice from your credit file,
    If you Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    This should get it sorted out for you, best wishes, .
    pp Can you possibly take a look into this for please !
    Yes I agree, truly appalling however your customer relations complaint lady won't budge and says they are sticking to their decision. Guess I'll have to go to the financial ombudsman instead.
    Above and beyond
    Hi I must encourage you to progress this further, and not to be deterred.There's everything to gain, and I'm pretty confident of a positive outcome.Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', and request that they remove the default notice from your credit file,

If you Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    Hope this helps, @CSKBrambles .