Holiday refund section 75

I appreciate that the current situation means things are taking longer but my experience with yourselves and another card provider has been totally different and the smaller amount has been actioned immediately by this other provider.We booked a holiday back in September 2019 with the now “never to be used again” TUI for travel early May. This was cancelled by them on April 8 and on the 9th I called them to request a refund as we were not happy to book later until virus was sorted. We received an email from TUI clearly stating the holiday was cancelled and agreeing a refund in full to be paid within 4 weeks. The law states 2 but with all the issues I thought 4 weeks was acceptable. So I completed my dispute form with Tesco Bank on April 27 as after checking social media TUI were playing games delaying payments and giving false information on the phone to their customers. Received a confirmation email from yourselves that it was received and there might be a delay of up to 6 weeks.Not sure why but as there is clear evidence that the refund should have been made then Tesco Bank should action a refund immediately under section 75 as my understanding is that you are jointly liable so you should credit my card and chase TUI for the payment.My experience with AE was over a £40 airport lounge charge – terms were it could be cancelled within 24 hours of your date. I did cancel well within the timescale but they shut their offices and emails and did a total shutdown but managed to send an email out later offering a credit note for airport parking or hotel stay which I do not want - just a refund as per their T’s and C’s.I telephoned and spoke to one of AE’s customer service agents within a couple of minutes who was working from home and was very happy to help and said he preferred to be kept busy. He asked a few questions and within 10 minutes he said all was good and it had been actioned. I received an email later detailing that the supplier had until June 20 to respond and query my claim (they can’t as everything was done to their T’s and C’s). This was only because it was under £100 – it would have been refunded to my account immediately if the amount had been over £100.My question is why does it take so long for you to process clear definite claims – this other small claim was processed immediately ?
  • 4 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your refund.If you could send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' I'm sure someone will look at this for you.Click on then 'Send a Message'. Please include your full name, DoB & post code.I hope you get this sorted, best wishes.
    tried to send a message but this error message came up You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.
    Community Manager
    Hey - I've not seen this before, but I've raised with our technical team and requested this be investigated as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have you tried since and are you still getting the same error message?

Sarah
    Hi Sarah Just tried and its working now Thanks Stuart