my transaction was declined

Still don't know why my card was declined - for the first time ever - nor what to do about it

I've recently moved and website hopeless so can't ntacted Tesco whatever, eventually I done changed address for me & sent confirmatory email but - card declined this morning as details didn't match up

so - here I am, left in a complete muddle with no credit card

the plethora of Tesco banking websites doesn't help either and I've floundered around in desperation - now what can I do about it? Or where should I go?
  • 4 Replies

Talk about adding insult to injury!!!

I'm a grown-up and need someone to help - not give me a first comment/whatever badge - good grief.....
    wrote:

Sometimes your payments might be declined, this could be because:

• Insufficient funds. If there isn't enough available credit or you are over your limit then we may decline your transaction. Please check you have sufficient funds available to cover the transaction.
    • You could have pending payments available which impact your available balance.
    • An error with the merchant bank, something which we have no control over. If you have checked your available balance and there is sufficient funds available then you will need to query this with the merchant bank.
    • If this is an online transaction, please check you have entered your card details correctly. If anything is entered incorrectly then your transaction will be declined.
    • Occasionally we can decline a transaction as a fraud prevention measure. If we do this we will send you a text asking you to reply. If this is a genuine transaction you will need to confirm this. We recommend allowing 5 minutes after sending your text before processing the transaction again.
    • You are in arrears and with our Collections team (due to outstanding payment).

If you are still experiencing further issues then you will need to contact Customer Services.

Former Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry to hear about that, . Can you pop over your name, date of birth and postcode please in a private message to us at ? We'll have a look at this for you.
    And NO, I am not in arrears/over limit/anything else you can think of
    ive had this card for YEARS without problems and it would be helpful if someone could tell me why I'm marooned without an active card
    Former Your Community Expert
    , these are sent out automatically and not in relation to what you're posting about, but I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.