fraud reported- telephone number changed by criminals

Fresh Eyes
    To the Tesco Bank Community- I have written to BBCMoneyBox this evening as I am getting nowhere with Tesco (I have had this credit card with Tesco for 30 years). See email below,
    Dear MoneyBox,

I wonder if you can help me as I am at my wit’s end. To summarise as best I can:
    My phone and bank card were stolen. My Tesco credit card was not, but I reported it as stolen immediately and a stop was put on my account. The card was used by the criminals. I reported this online to the police and have a crime no.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get through security questions with Tesco MasterCard and questions that seemed to give access one day did not succeed the next. I had to wait for a 6 digit pin by post to access my account with Tesco. Two arrived, but neither worked. I finally received a pin that worked(2 weeks later), but could not access any other security questions. By this time my telephone number had been changed. It is possible that the criminals changed my security questions? At the earlier stages of this fraud Tesco reassured me my card had been blocked. I now do not know if this is the case as they will not talk to me about it.The fraud team promised to call me when I called on 30th May. I was unhappy about this as we are told not to accept calls from people saying they are your bank, or credit card, especially when there is fraud reported on the case. It is very possible they have called the criminals as that is the registered number on my credit card account.

I have been told to call again tomorrow but, the Tesco employee indicated I wouldn’t be likely to get any further because of the security questions.

I feel stuck.
  • 3 Replies

Staff
    Hey @FridaKahlo, I'm sorry to hear this. We take fraud very seriously at Tesco Bank and will do everything to keep your account secure. If this is with our Fraud team, I'm afraid that you will need to wait on them calling you to get this resolved. If they notice anything suspicious on the account like a new number, they will do their due diligence and get this sorted for you. I'm sorry again for any inconvenience this is causing you.
    Fresh Eyes
    @JoeC
    Thank you for your response.
    My real concern is that the fraud department will call the new number the criminals have added to my account, after I had reported date fraud on Monday 23rd May.
    I await your reply.
    Staff
    @FridaKahlo Please click here to send us a private message and we'll check your account for you.