Credit Card Nightmare

Fresh Eyes
    Hi

I took a credit card with Tesco a couple of weeks ago and received the card which i activated straight away. I started with a money transfer this was declined and i was unable to add the card to apple pay. The card was also being declined in shops. I called Tesco and was told that there had to be some further security checks as there appeared to be some suspicious activity. I was not able to be put through to the fraud team and should expect a callback. That callback never came and I called again a number of days later to be told the card could not be reactivated without an outbound call which i should expect shortly (this was last week). The card remains unusable and I have received no calls. I raised a complaint and this has gone unanswered.

This has been a terrible experience and I am not sure why this is being turned into a long winded issue when a quick call could probably resolve any concerns

Please help

Thanks

Elspeth
  • 3 Replies

Staff
    Hey @ehares1948, I'm sorry that this has been your experience so far. Our Fraud team have been extremely busy recently and will call you back as soon as possible. If you have raised a complaint, we will respond to this within the timescales given when you raised this. If you'd like us to check for any notes on your account, please click here to send us a private message.
    Just looking
    @ehares1948 I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks for a promised call back. Read all the problems and its no wonder they are so busy
    Just looking
    ehares - your experience mirrors mine exactly. No point having a card I can't use. And, frustratingly, if you apply for a card from an alternative provider it will flag on your credit file as if you are in money troubles. Tesco's performance in this instance is absolutely shameful. If I suspect fraud on my card would it take Tesco over two weeks (and counting) to even ask me about it?

No wonder Tesco has been fined so heavily for this issue. And it seems not to have learned its lesson.