Auto credit limit increase

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi everyone,

If the credit limit has not increased for you then it means we’re no longer able to increase your credit limit. Since we first offered you this, we've received additional information, which means that you’re no longer eligible for this increase. I’m sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. We do continually review customer eligibility to ensure we are acting as a responsible lender

You will receive a letter with this detail.

If you’d like to find out more about why you’re no longer eligible, you can request a copy of your credit report by contacting one of our Credit Reference Agencies – Experian or Call Credit. You can visitwww.experian.co.uk or www.callcredit.co.uk

The planned web and App maintenance is not related to this.

Thanks,
    Eileen - Customer Care
    Standard reply i also received today when complaining throught their Facebook page.

"Since we first offered you this, we've received additional information, which means that you’re no longer eligible for this increase. I’m sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. We do continually review customer eligibility to ensure we are acting as a responsible lender. As mentioned before, I can log a complaint regarding the matter if you could please DM your details."

Seems like they are trying to cover up a glitch in my opinion. Absolutely pathetic. My circumstance have not changed since i received the letter in July.

I wonder if anyone has actually received their promised credit increase??

Plenty of people saying they haven't had it, would be nice to hear from anyone who has.

This situation has certainly left my in a diffcult position, thanks for that TESCO BANK.
    Just wanted to add myself to the list of people affected by this. I received a letter a month or so ago telling me I was being given an auto limit increase on 12th August but this hasn't happened.

Came across this thread earlier so wanted to add myself to the seemingly growing list of unhappy customers.

It feels to me like they either had a glitch which caused a lot of letters to go out promising people limit increases for today by mistake and they're now covering it up or there's some other problem meaning they can't give people the promised increases.

The fact this thread is so popular and everyone with problems was promised an increase on this particular date seems fishy to me. Especially as there's no other similar threads to this previously as far as I could see.

Very unhappy customer - if they genuinely have just reconsidered the increase due to a change in circumstances I would have expected some communication before the date the increase was promised for not sometime after. Very poor.
    Agreed. There is no disclaimer on the letter i received and no small print saying the offer can be withdrawn.

If the agreement as stated in the letter is not fulfilled then i will have no option but to report it to the financial obudsman. I dont often get involved with these things but i feel so strongly about this and Tesco Bank have certainly put me in a difficult position. I am utterly disgusted no communication was received prior to the agreed date.
    wrote:
    Standard reply i also received today when complaining throught their Facebook page.

"Since we first offered you this, we've received additional information, which means that you’re no longer eligible for this increase. I’m sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. We do continually review customer eligibility to ensure we are acting as a responsible lender. As mentioned before, I can log a complaint regarding the matter if you could please DM your details."

Seems like they are trying to cover up a glitch in my opinion. Absolutely pathetic. My circumstance have not changed since i received the letter in July.

I wonder if anyone has actually received their promised credit increase??

Plenty of people saying they haven't had it, would be nice to hear from anyone who has.

This situation has certainly left my in a diffcult position, thanks for that TESCO BANK.Hi MJ, yes i have to seen this and have not recieved an increase. Therefore presume i am not recieving it. As a responsible lender surley they should not send out letters that state you will recieve an increase but nowhere on the letter does it state that you may not recieve it, i was relying on this or at least a small part of stated increase to pay my car insurance and also to buy my son new school uniform for next school year, i have now also been left in a difficult frinancial position.
    wrote:
    Agreed. There is no disclaimer on the letter i received and no small print saying the offer can be withdrawn.

If the agreement as stated in the letter is not fulfilled then i will have no option but to report it to the financial obudsman. I dont often get involved with these things but i feel so strongly about this and Tesco Bank have certainly put me in a difficult position. I am utterly disgusted no communication was received prior to the agreed date.I called them yesterday to be told that people would be recieving a letter in the post within the next 48hrs, surley they should have let us know earlier. disgusting, i too have been left in a difficult financial posisition, how is this responsible as they state to tell so many people they will recieve an increase and then with no warning withdraw it
    As others have said, I smell something fishy here. I can'tt believe that it's standard practice to just cancel the increase at the eleventh hour with no notification whatsoever. That, plus look at the number of people who have been affected by this. Have they all had a change in credit circumstances in the last month?? Genuinely? It seems very unlikely.
    I too have been affected. This is not the way a responsible bank operates. Imagine if this had been RBS or Barclays? Would be all over the news by now.
    By promising something and not delivering you are making things very difficult for people. People will be relying on that increase and will have made changes to allow for it - especially in the school holidays when a little extra flexibility in the finances is important.
    I too will be discussing this with the financial services ombudsman as there is clearly an error in the process that have been used.