Balance transfer from son's account

I have a 0% rate available for balance transfers. Can I use this to transfer a balance from my son's credit card?
  • 5 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news ! When you make a balance transfer, it can only be between two cards under the same name, so you won't be able to transfer from your son's credit card to yours. Please close down for me. Kind Regards,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    Some credit card company's do allow you to transfer a balance from someone else's account to yours, however this has to be done by you and not your son.
    However, if you and your son both have Tesco Credit Cards then no you cannot transfer a balance between cards.
    You can send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to check this out for you.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode, along with where your credit cards for you and your son are held.
    Hope this is a satisfactory reply for you.
    Warm wishes, Caz,
    Above and beyond
    Hi I have checked this again for you with Tesco Bank this morning. Unfortunately as previously advised, you cannot complete a Balance Transfer for a Credit Card in someone else's name to your Tesco Credit Card..Some other providers may allow this, but not in this instance.I'm really sorry that it's not possible for you to do so.Kind Regards,
    Community superstar
    Hi Is your son's credit card balance with another provider, i.e. not Tesco Bank?After further digging I've found, yes, but only some providers let you transfer another person's balance to a credit card in your name. Only you (the person taking on the balance) can request the transfer. However, if this is done then you need to be aware that YOU become responsible for the debt.
    If your son's credit card IS with Tesco Bank then I'm really sorry but its a NO.However if he's with another provider then I would suggest you ask Tesco Bank IF they will allow it, then you have your answer.Warm wishes, Caz
    Above and beyond
    Hi
    Just to confirm, Tesco Bank does not allow a balance transfer from a different credit card provider unless the card is in your name.
    I hope this provides the clarity that you have requested,
    Best wishes, @CSKBramles