Formal Demand for repayment on overdraft by 8th July 2020, despite paying off the excess and phone reassurances.

I have a formal demand for repayment of my overdraft by 8th July 2020. This is not going to happen as I simply cannot do it. I paid off the unauthorised excess and asked the operator on the phone to put notes on my account to stop them taking further action at this stage due to covid-19 issues. I have They have gone and done it anyway. I cannot afford to pay all this back by the time allowed. I would have to declare myself bankrupt,I cannot find a way to contact anyone online or by online chat / private message apart from telephone contact. There are warnings saying the phonelines are busy and to avoid calling them if possible due to COVID-19 etc. I can only do some sort of payment plan with Tesco Bank and NOT have them put the debt to debt collectors. How do I sort this out?
  • 5 Replies

Above and beyond
    I'm very sorry to hear about your most distressing difficulties, and i hope that i can help you.Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', they will check this out for you and provide you with an appropriate response.If you click on this link @Tesco-Bank it will take you to a page 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'send a message', a new page opens up 'Create New Message'. Complete & send your message securely.Please remember to include your full name, date of birth & post code.Hope this helps! Best Wishes,
    Cannot see the link, there is a small grey box drop down box in the top right of the page that disappears after a second even when you click on it.
    Community superstar
    Hi I'm really sorry to hear this and the distress its causing you.Send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message; from here, someone will check this out for you and come back to you.Click on this link and it will take you to a page 'About Tesco-Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'Send a message', a new page opens up, 'Create New Message'.Complete it & send your message securely.Please include your full name, date of birth & postcode.Hope this helps & stay safe! 25H
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm truly sorry to hear about your difficulties, and i hope that i can help you.Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', they will check this out for you and provide you with an appropriate response.If you click on this link @Tesco-Bank it will take you to a page 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'send a message', a new page opens up 'Create New Message'. Complete & send your message securely.Please remember to include your full name, date of birth & post code.Hope this helps Neil, any problems please let me know !Kindest Regards,