Money off offers

I used to regularly use your generous money off offers e.g £6 off when you spend £30 in store or on line but since you have prohibited the purchase of alcohol when making use of these offers, I have not used the vouchers. Sainsburys make very similar offers and allow the purchase of wine and beer, so I simply use them instead. If you changed back to your original terms I am sure you would get a lot more of your Clubcard customers buying their wines and beers from you. If Sainsburys can do it, I am sure you can too ,
  • 6 Replies

Community superstar
    Good morning mac5,I too have received the same money off voucher's from Tesco and use them but not of late.I totally agree with you regarding the same type of voucher from Sainsbury's. Infact I have 2 of them as I write and I plan to go to my local Sainsbury's store to use them> If the Tesco voucher's could be used in the same way I would be visiting my Tesco store instead that is the same distance from home as the Sainsbury's store.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for your feedback.

This forum is specifically for banking related questions and we do not deal with in store requests. If you contact Tesco Stores, I'm sure they'll be able to look into this for you!
    Good afternoon, I work in one of our Tesco stores and any such coupons usually scan at our tills when the shopping includes a variety of items e.g. Groceries as well as Alcohol. I would believe that you're unable to purchase alcohol solely because any discounts could take us under the Minimum Unit Pricing (of which is different in England, Wales and Scotland).
    It would appear this is not the right site to voice these issues, but I hope Tesco's will take notice of what we are saying. They are losing trade at the moment "Every little helps" come on Tesco take notice
    We must wait and see if they are interested in changing their rules. If not I will continue to support Sainsburys
    Thanks for your help here, you may be right but you did say "Usually" it works. I have had experience where it doesn't. I appreciate what you say about the minimum price you can sell alcohol for, but the wording needs to be changed to allow alcohol to be purchased along with groceries.