cancellation charge

I phoned to cancel my car insurance in July when I sold my car also emailed me sent letter plus chatted on twitter to advisor..cancelled my direct debit as told and just got letter saying I need to pay £40 cancellation charge plus £17.63 ...I’ve never been charged by any insurance company for cancellation when I no longer have the vehicle which can be proved via the dvla...this is no acceptable..my partner put me on their insurance with our new car ( which is with Tescos but won’t be when due for renewal in 2months after this) and I work for Tescos too shocking...tried calling again nightmare getting through terrible service....never will I Insure here and I would rather go to court than pay this ...I can understand paying cancellation fee if you switch insurance companies half way through but to sell a car and get charges.... I sold a Campervan which I insured with admiral this year and no charge or fees .....

• 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi Walters75, I’m sorry to hear this. So I can look into this further, can you please send us a private message to Tesco-Bank including your full name, DOB, postcode and policy/reference number? - Lewis