DISAPPOINTING SERVICE RE CREDIT CARD

Hi I logged into my tescobank app last night and realised that a payment was due on my 2nd credit card. I duly paid the outstanding amount due (from my tesco current account) and despite seeing that the funds have left my account, they are yet to be credited to my credit card account and of course you have charged me a late payment fee. With my other credit cards, when I make a payment (from another bank which is not the same as the credit card bank) the funds are credited to my account within an hour, so why can you not credit the funds which you have taken out of my TESCO current account to my TESCO credit card. Clearly Tesco just want to charge as much as they can get away with, seriously disappointed as I am now out of pocket. I welcome the feedback on this, though am sure there will be a system reason for this **bleep** up!
  • 5 Replies

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear that! Any payments made via the mobile app can take up to 2 working days to reach your account, this is outlined on the back of your statement. If you'd like me to look into this for you, please message me privately at confirming your full name, DOB and postcode.
    That maybe the case, but still fail to see why you cannot provide the same service as a bank to seperate credit card company transfer, maybe if I had made the payment from my non Tesco bank account to the credit card they would have provided a better service. Like I said previously, any excuse to charge us customers more!
    You can certainly make Faster Payments towards your credit card account, you can do so from any UK bank to your Tesco credit card account using our sort code and account number along with your credit card number as a reference. This will clear within 24 hours. If you'd like the details, just let me know.
    Yes I am fully aware of that as that was the suggestion that I made. That was not my point but of course you are not going to admit that Tesco is wrong in charging and providing an inferior service than would be provided if I used a non Tesco current account to make the transfer from. No point in arguing this, just make me think twice about using Tesco services going forward.
    Our timescales for processing payments are outlined on the back of your monthly statement and apply to payments received from any UK bank. If you use our website to manage your account, you can set up a direct debit to make your monthly payment, or set up alerts to remind you when a payment is due. I have shared links below with information on how to this. I hope this helps - Caroline

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/O...-Card/ta-p/174

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...ount/ta-p/1392