Why was my credit limit increase proposal declined?

Hi , i am hoping someone can help me? I have had a foundation card since December 2017, i have always paid on time and not gone over my credit limit. I have had an increase in March 2018 from 250-600 then got notified that i would recieve a further increase in June. I then went on to get a letter saying this had changed and therefore this would not go ahead.
    I have not missed payments or gone over my limit so could anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as i was hoping to shift a higher interest credit card balance to Tesco.
    Thanks
  • 8 Replies

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for your message. I'm afraid we are unable to look into this for you via social media, however if you get in touch with our Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) they may be able to look into this for you. The best option would be to check your credit file, as this should show anything that could adversely affect you receiving credit. I hope this helps!
    Thanks Ainsley, I know i have had problems in the past, hence why i applied for the foundation card but i am a bit confused why i have had a credit limit invite and then its declined.
    I checked my file and it shows everything upto date i do have some very old adverse there but it did not stop me getting my first increase however this time it seems my invites have stopped.
    You may be best to get in touch with our Credit Card team in that case, we can look into this further for you!
    I was offered an unsolicited rise to my credit limit , however 10 days prior to its start date I received a letter informing me due to a change in my financial circumstances the rise would not be going ahead ...I dont need the rise but I am concerned as to what financial changes you have become aware of and where you recieved this information.. all seems rather Big Brother to me
    Employee
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. We would never send an unsolicited credit limit increase, we would only send you this notification if you had opted in to automatic increases. If you prefer for this not to be the case in the future, you can opt out of this using our online banking service. We will review basic information from your credit report relating to your accounts with us and your commitments to other lenders, and if any of this has changed then we may cancel the proposed increase. I hope this helps, if you have any other queries please let us know.
    Sorry I meant to say it was an automatic offer ...I was just surprised as the only other committment I have is a small balance on an old credit card which I am intending to pay off within the next week or so ...my main worry is that I may not be offered an increase again and if this means my credit rating will suffer due to the withdrawal
    @EJ1 This is by no means an indication that this wouldn't be provided in future. We would not record information of this nature on your credit report, so it certainly shouldn't affect your credit score.