Late payment fees and consequences

Hello, I Have 2 Tesco Credit Cards which are 0% interest for a period of time which is a very good deal. Each month I always make more my minimum payments on both cards. Unfortunately, I was on hols in Dec 2017 and the payments were not made, in addition, there was also a fraudulant purchase on my card which Tesco managed to stop!... In January I made the payments. however, I received 2 letters (for the 2 cards) where I was charged £12 x 2 for the late payment fees for the Dec period. I called Tesco and explained to the customer service officer, the reason why my payments were late, despite stating that I always make more than the minimum on time, he said there was nothing he could do about it. I then set up the direct debit with him on the phone, in addition I went online and made several manual payments a few days ago as I want to continue to make overpayments. However, I rec another 12x2 fees yesterday as my DD is not activated until the 24th Feb. Is there anything that can be done as I do not want this to affect my credit score and if the 0% offer is removed I will end up paying over £230 per month in interest. Can you please advise? Thanks
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    I'm sorry to hear about what's happened ! In this case, we'd advise to call the Credit Card team directly so they can look into why your direct debit wasn't active in time. They're available on 0345 300 4278, open 24/7. They can also make sure that if these charges were caused by an error at our end that the account is corrected and any impact to your credit file is addressed.