Legal proceedings against Tesco Bank

Dear All I have never held a Tesco account and I will never wish to given the stress I have been subjected to already and I am not even a customer! I let out my house to an individual from 2010-2011 as she was going through a separation. She vacated my property in July 2011. It appears that she toook out a loan with Tesco bank which still requires repayment. Despite I returning two letters stating that this individual no longer lived at this property the letters from Tesco Bank continue with a recent letter stating that the loan has been sold to Cabot Asset Purchases. I have also tried to fax to Tesco bank a letter stating that the indivdual no longer livers here but again the fax would not go through despite three different people trying it but this does not surprise me given the rudeness of customer service that I experienced in the last few days. PLEASE can someone tell me what I have to do for Tesco Bank to stop this harrassment- I am not their customer, I do not have any loans with them but as the debt appears to have been handed on by Tesco Bank I do not want bailiffs at my door when it has absolutely nothing to do with me. Do I have to go on public media to highlight this issue ? Thanks
  • 2 Replies

Find the adress of your tenant and foward the letter yo her to contact tesco
    As you are not customer they will not discuss the account eith you
    Employee
    Hello , I am really sorry to hear about this! Please know that it's not our intention to cause any stress or worry over this. As you've mentioned yourself the debt does not belong to you! So that we can look to put things right, and hopefully a stop to anymore contact at your property I'd need to ask that you get in touch with us privately. Please send a message to our account, including a summary of the issue along with the name of the previous customer and address of the property. Once received we'll look into this for you.