Over CC limit by 68p - charges

When my statement was calculated, the interest sent my CC balance over limit by 68p. As a result I was charged £12 over limit fee. As soon as I realised, I paid this straight back onto the card, but feel this charge is excessive given the balance was less than a £1 over. Is there any way to get this charge reversed? I've never been over before and will ensure it never happens again.
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi @hevmcgow, I'm sorry to hear that you've received an over limit fee. While I appreciate that this has only been over by a small amount we do need to treat all customers fairly, so when your statement is produced, if you have exceeded your credit limit at any time within the statement period, we will apply an over-limit fee automatically. We offer services to help you to ensure you stay within your credit limit. Our online service will let you view your account at any time and you can also set up a text alert to remind you when you are approaching your limit at tescobank.com. Please get back in touch if we can offer help with anything at all in the future.