Credit card declined for on-line purchases

Fresh Eyes
    My Credit card has been blocked for online purchases twice in the last month. I call customer services and they take the block off. Apparently it is being activated by Mastercard (maybe part of 3D authentification?). The problem is, I am not being told it has happened. So it takes me several transactions to work out there is an issue and to phone customer services. This CANNOT be right. I'm sure both Mastercard and Tesco feel I should be told my card is blocked, so that we can sort it out. I've had to switch to my Visa card, which I'm sure neither MC or Tesco want. Frustratingly customer services said there was nothing they could do, and they could not flag it as a problem or raise an issue! So I'm trying on here.
  • 1 Reply

Administrator
    @Dddaddycool Thank you for contacting us.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having issues with the 3DS Authentication service.

On some occasions the merchant website may notify you that your Arcot 3DS Service has been locked at the time of the declined transaction, however this will not happen on every occasion.

If you would like for us to check the status of your 3DS Authentication service, then please call us on 0345 300 4278 (24 Hours // 7 Days A Week)

Thank you 😀