Message for Current Account customers

I have just received the following text:

"Further to our text on Monday morning, we wanted you to know that the issue has now been fully resolved. All services are available again, including paying with your debit card on the Internet. We can confirm that any fraudulent payments have been fully refunded and that your personal data was never compromised. Your existing card will continue to work as normal. We apologise again for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support."
    Hi Scott, Yes I have just spoken to someone and to be honest am more confused than ever. The summary of the conversation is:
    • Tesco sent a text at the weekend saying they needed to spek to me urgently, but this was not the case as when I phoned, they just took my number and promised a call back which never materialised.
    • Tesco sent a text at the weekend saying cards would be replaced, your colleague says this is not the case and I should keep using the old cards.
    • Tesco sent a text yesterday saying the card could be used for Chip and PIN/ATM transactions but this was not the case as it was blocked.
    • Tesco, while I was on the phone to your colleague, have sent another text saying everything is back to normal.
    I am about to go shopping so we will see! I will report back in an hour. All I can say is thank goodness in a time of crisis Tesco don't send conflicting or incorrect messages. (Will your CEO be apologising to everyone he mislead yesterday when he said ATM and Chip & PIN was working as normal?)
    It was also stated that online account management would work. Again this wasn't so - my mother could not make Faster Payments to external accounts nor make internal transfers for over 24hrs, then suddenly sometime Monday afternoon, without any notification, the available balance was corrected and the account 'freed up'.
    I had a text saying that I now have full functionality on my card. Does this mean I won't be getting a replacement card now or should I still expect to see one in the post?
    Replying to my own post to say my card is still blocked for ATM transactions. This despite the text this evening and the advisor on the phone a couple of hours ago saying everything was ok. Now waiting for one of your colleagues in the call centre to find out what is happening. Although I don't think I will believe the answer, whatever it may be. Edited to add: Apparantly my card was blocked but now it's unblocked. I've just realised the advisor I spoke to earlier didn't ask any security questions so I guess the "all cards are working again" was a generic statement rather than specifically looking at my account. Tesco, your website says "we're proud to say that our six million customers are at the heart of everything we do". I am afraid this customer doesn't feel very loved at the moment.
    wrote:
    .... I am afraid this customer doesn't feel very loved at the moment. Nor this one, nor my wife, nor my mother...all (soon to be former?) current account holders and becoming ever more doubtful that Tesco Bank will:
    • get their act together,
    • make communications consistent, accurate and truthful,
    • tell us exactly what went wrong
    I felt even more unloved this morning when I was offered a derisory 20 club card points plus £20 as compensation - I declined and asked to escalate my complaint.
    Why is it that text messages and online messages are saying that all services are now unblocked, i am still unable to use my card and cannot make a payment transfer from my online banking, everything is still blocked. when i was called i was told because i rang on Sunday i will be getting a new card and the current card will reamain blocked, the new card will be here the end of next week, what a joke. and then i am told i have to go to a tesco extra to get my emergency funds.....its not my emergency, so why should i feel humiliated haveing to beg for my own money. why has my online faster payments been blocked??????? Joined 3 months ago, big big mistake.Stop sending messages and texts saying all is back to normal, this just makes your bank look more untrustworthy.
    Can you confirm if we will receive new cards? Whilst I didnt have money taken, it is of concern that potentially my card may still leave me exposed and for peace of mind I think I would prefer a new card. All information earlier in the week indicated that cards would be replaced but now this seems to have gone quiet? Usually I would expect cards to be replaced if theres been any compromise of accounts Thanks
    Am so confused , was told yesterday by Tesco Customer Services that every customer was to receive a new Debit Card, within 7-10 days , is this still happening please ?