Adding a provisional license holder online

Fresh Eyes
    Hi there - am trying to add my daughter to my existing policy in advance of her 17th birthday later this week ... when I fill in the form because her provisional license was issued before she turns 17 (this is normal) the process will not progress and throws an error. It asks for DOB and the provisional license issue date; both of which I added - does anyone know if I an just doing something wrong? Or is the validation not correct ? Thought I would ask here before calling up ! Thanks in advance for any help !
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hi @davidgore75, thanks for getting in touch. Can you give our Car Insurance team a call on 0345 246 2895 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 2pm) and they can help you with that - Kevin
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi Kevin - thanks for sharing the details. I spoke to the team and unfortunately provisional named drivers seem to be a decline (at least for our Mini Cooper anyway) ... the lady I spoke with very helpful - whilst unable to work around the validation on the website (perhaps a defect or incident needs to be raised to the tech guys to adjust that ?) she was able to secure a decision by changing the date to not be in the future to start the policy. Also noted that I would call back to cancel my policy when I secure an alternative - and was able to confirm there is no cost for that.

Perhaps will return to Tesco at some point in the future - no other problems with the products we have had for several years.

Dave.