Tesco credit card registered with google pay not accepted

Fresh Eyes
    Had an Email from Google Wallet,
    " We have resolved your payment card issue " and
    " You are receiving this email because we have noticed that you may have recently had issues using your Mastercard for contactless payments. We wanted to let you know that the issue has been resolved. You can now continue using your card again"
    without me having contacted them so obviously it was a big system issue that they had automatically picked up on.
    Used the card with GW today with no problems and not having done a C&P transaction.

Received the same email myself. Not tried the cars as of yet but have much higher hopes now
    Just looking
    @Lemming

I am pleased with the interest my comment evoked. I can confirm that I have had no further problems with payments - ranging from a few pounds for groceries to a couple of hundred for car repairs. My reservation, though, is that my reason for having phone payments meant that I no longer had to carry a wallet, cash and cards. So what happens if the random security check refuses the transaction and I don't have any other method of payment?
    Observant
    I have had that with my Lloyds card, refused a transaction for £250 IIRC, which should not really happen. Using GW should be treated the same as physically inserting the card in a machine.