How long for money to show in fixed rate saver

Hi I opened a fixed rate saver account last night, I opted to fund the account with a debit card. The account is showing as open however there is a nil balance. I have spoken to nationwide - the account where the money was coming from and they say the payment has been cleared and it is in the hands of tesco. Do you know how long it will take before it shows in my fixed rate saver?
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hi , a debit card payment normally takes 2-3 working days to clear into an account. As it's presumably for a larger amount this may take a little longer for checks to be completed. As it was a few days ago now that you carried this out, has your account now been funded? You can call our Savings department for further information on 0345 678 5678 and they're available Monday - Friday 8am to 10pm and weekends from 9am to 5pm.
    Unfortunatley my money never turned up. A week later I was still waiting, customer services giving me a different story each time, one person saying they could see my money processing, the other saying they could not see the money at all and they never had, so I have had to go through the process with Nationwide (the account where the money was taken from) of claiming my money back. Completely lost faith in both this bank and internet banking in general!