Approved For New Credit Card

A couple of days ago I received an unsolicited letter from Tesco Bank advising me that I had been approved for their shiny new credit card account. This account carries a £150 a year service charge. I pay my credit card 100% every month - so I never pay interest. So quite why Tesco Bank think I am stupid enough to switch from a no cost credit card to one which penalises me with a service charge defies belief. They can take their credit card and shove it where the sun don't shine. Several months ago I objected to Tesco Bank increasing my credit limit. This was a major issue for me because if someone got access to my credit card they could run up the balance which would require me to pay. So I'm happy sticking with a low credit limit.
  • 1 Reply

Employee

I'm sorry you're unhappy we contacted you regarding our new product @BobD583 It has been sent to existing customers to make them aware of its existence. The benefits to the Premium Credit Card are different to existing cards we currently offer and you can find out what they are here: http://www.tescobank.com/credit-cards/premium/. I can certainly pass on your feedback regarding the new card, if you wish me to do so can you please private message your date of birth and post code to @ScottW
    Please use the following format A B 1 2 3 C D leaving a space between each character. Thanks