Clubcard credit card and club card numbers different

Hi all,Just a quick question. I have recently taken out a Clubcard credit card and on the registration for the card I input my normal clubcard number into the online form to link them together. When my credit card arrived the clubcard number embossed into the credit card is different to my clubcard.When I look at my clubcard statement online it shows that I have not accrued any clucard points by using my credit card which I use predominantly for hotel booking and pay the balance every month. I have contacted Tesco to ask why the numbers are different but they said not to worry about it. Could the Clubcard Credit Card points be going into the embossed clubcard account and not onto my normal clubcard account? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated. Thanks Rhodri
  • 3 Replies

Employee

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

The normal clubcard and the clubcard number on the credit card should normally be linked if your normal card number was entered during the application. If this has not happened you would get two separate statements for your points. It would be best to call Clubcard on telephone number 0800 591 688. If you quote both of the clubcard numbers they will be able to link them together, if this has not already been done. They can also check how many points you have accrued on your credit card spending.

Hope this helps,

Margaret
    I have the same issue. I got my numbers merged to pick up credit card spend. No sign of any points from the card to date going on three months?
    Supervisor
    Are you signed up for Clubcard (via tesco.com) at all ? If so when you sign into tesco.com/clubcard and verify your identity (three random digits from your Clubcard number) and click 'My Points' on the left hand side you can view your current points total or a statement from November 2016. If you click view under 'Summary' you will see an entry for points accrued under Tesco Bank. If you wish to check your cards are merged click on 'My Account' and 'View My Cards'. If, for whatever reason, they weren't you should've still received a separate statement from November with your vouchers from points accrued over the last three months' worth of spending.