• iOS balance peek widget

I keep having to “enable” permission to view balances within the iOS widget. Has anybody found a fix for this please?
    Click below to see solutions
  • I keep having to “enable” permission to view balances within the iOS widget. Has anybody found a fix for this please?
    Click below to see solutions
  • Best Answer

I’m signing off this forum now as the problem remains unresolved. To be clear for others seeking a solution, the Tesco Balance Peek Widget stops displaying balance peek quite regularly (once every 2-3 days) for no apparent reason (I have not logged out of the App;I have not changed any other settings; I have not installed an IOS update; etc. It just drops out).
    very frustrating.
  • I’m signing off this forum now as the problem remains unresolved. To be clear for others seeking a solution, the Tesco Balance Peek Widget stops displaying balance peek quite regularly (once every 2-3 days) for no apparent reason (I have not logged out of the App;I have not changed any other settings; I have not installed an IOS update; etc. It just drops out).
    very frustrating.
  • Re: iOS balance peek widget

Hey , thanks for getting in touch. When you are logging in after an update does it allow you to log in with your fingerprint or facial recognition and then asks to enable balance peak or does it ask for your full security information? - Chris
  • Hey , thanks for getting in touch. When you are logging in after an update does it allow you to log in with your fingerprint or facial recognition and then asks to enable balance peak or does it ask for your full security information? - Chris

Hi brianjames, this can be overcome by setting up the Balance Peek feature within the iOS widget. Balance Peek was created to enable customers to quickly and easily check their balance on their smartphone without having to log in to the Mobile Banking App. With Balance Peek, customers can now view the balance on their selected accounts by simply dragging down the Balance Peek ‘drawer’ on the login screenYou can quickly set up the Balance Peek feature securely via the Settings menu once you login to the Mobile Banking App, where you can pick any or all of their accounts to view via Balance Peek. You can change which accounts to see at any time, or turn off the feature completely. Once enabled, you’ll quickly be able to ‘peek’ at your selected balances the next time you launch the app. When opening Balance Peek, you will see only the account balances you have selected and only partial account numbers; customers must log in to the Mobile Banking App to carry out any transactions. Hope this helps !
  • Hi brianjames, this can be overcome by setting up the Balance Peek feature within the iOS widget. Balance Peek was created to enable customers to quickly and easily check their balance on their smartphone without having to log in to the Mobile Banking App. With Balance Peek, customers can now view the balance on their selected accounts by simply dragging down the Balance Peek ‘drawer’ on the login screenYou can quickly set up the Balance Peek feature securely via the Settings menu once you login to the Mobile Banking App, where you can pick any or all of their accounts to view via Balance Peek. You can change which accounts to see at any time, or turn off the feature completely. Once enabled, you’ll quickly be able to ‘peek’ at your selected balances the next time you launch the app. When opening Balance Peek, you will see only the account balances you have selected and only partial account numbers; customers must log in to the Mobile Banking App to carry out any transactions. Hope this helps !

Just to enable balance peek. But no other widget required me to re-enable after an update. Why does this one?
  • Just to enable balance peek. But no other widget required me to re-enable after an update. Why does this one?

I'm unsure why you're having these issues, I'll record your comments as feedback so we can investigate this further - Keigan
  • I'm unsure why you're having these issues, I'll record your comments as feedback so we can investigate this further - Keigan

Hi, thanks for the reply but that is not my issue. I have been using balance peek widget since launched (well over a year) but in the last month or so, whenever there is an iOS update, which is fairly frequently, I have to re-enable balance peek within the Tesco Banking App. I do not have to do this for any other widget and prior to 2 months ago this never happened. If this a new security feature, we need to be told. If this is not, then there is an issue with the widget.
  • Hi, thanks for the reply but that is not my issue. I have been using balance peek widget since launched (well over a year) but in the last month or so, whenever there is an iOS update, which is fairly frequently, I have to re-enable balance peek within the Tesco Banking App. I do not have to do this for any other widget and prior to 2 months ago this never happened. If this a new security feature, we need to be told. If this is not, then there is an issue with the widget.

Hi brianjames,This is not something that i can explain, however i have duly noted that your issue has now been passed on as feedback for investigation. I hope that you get a satisfactory resolution soon. Best Wishes.
  • Hi brianjames,This is not something that i can explain, however i have duly noted that your issue has now been passed on as feedback for investigation. I hope that you get a satisfactory resolution soon. Best Wishes.
  • Re: iOS balance peek just stopped working

The balance peek option as just stopped working I can set it up in the banking app ok, save it, but as soon as I log out of the app it cancels it any idea what this is all about?
  • The balance peek option as just stopped working I can set it up in the banking app ok, save it, but as soon as I log out of the app it cancels it any idea what this is all about?
  • Re: iOS balance peek just stopped working

Hi , sorry to hear about that! If you've reset your security or updated your security details that may cause the balance peek feature to turn off and need turned back on as a security precaution. Other than that, it may be worth checking your device settings for anything relating to your balance displaying in notifications that could be blocking balance peek, or forcing the mobile app to deactivate it.
  • Hi , sorry to hear about that! If you've reset your security or updated your security details that may cause the balance peek feature to turn off and need turned back on as a security precaution. Other than that, it may be worth checking your device settings for anything relating to your balance displaying in notifications that could be blocking balance peek, or forcing the mobile app to deactivate it.
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap