Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

How have you learnt about banking, financial management and the services provided and available
    23-04-20 , 08:29

At school (mid 70s) we were shown how to write out a cheque. We wasn't told how to get a bank account and credit cards were in their infancy. My first job was paid in cash in a little brown envelope, I paid rent in cash, shopped in cash and put coins in a gas/electric meter. My first attempt of getting a bank account many years later, with Natwest was refused and so I managed to get an Abbey National account, when they were a Building Society,. Time marches on and I now have a mortgage, bank accounts./credit cards/loans. How did you learn about these? Friends, advertising, active research?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: How have you learnt about banking, financial management and the services provided and available
    30-04-20 , 08:22

There are many free advice sites like moneysavingexpert.com which provide guidance in easy to understand terms.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 1,046

Re: How have you learnt about banking, financial management and the services provided and available
    30-04-20 , 13:56

I was serving in the Irish Guards 19 76-82, when a financial advisor was invited to come in and talk to us, it proved to be life changing !
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap