Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

download transactions in QIF format
    12-09-18 , 14:59

I want to use .qif format, but you are using a non standard format for the transaction amounts. Your files are constructed using a £ sign in the amount field. This is speciifically not permitted in the QIF format and so programs cannot accept the data.See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicke...rchange_Format"T Amount of the item. For payments, a leading minus sign is required. For deposits, either no sign or a leading plus sign is accepted. Do not include currency symbols ($, £, ¥, etc.). Comma separators between thousands are allowed."Can you please correct your export formatter to make your QIF's export in the standard format please.Thanks.
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: download transactions in QIF format
    12-09-18 , 15:05

Link to Wiki is here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicke...rchange_Format Please note is specifically says "The QIF format does not allow a user to mark the currency in which a transaction was completed. In some cases this may cause problems for users who do use multiple currencies when they export or import into another software package."
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 106

Re: download transactions in QIF format
    13-09-18 , 18:58

Hi , thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will raise this with our online team, and we can hopefully look into get this resolved for you.
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

18-01-21 , 18:06

Hi,

I also have a problem with the .qif format from Tesco. When I am uploading a file downloaded from Tesco Credit Card to my program I have to identify the file as coming from Tesco manually. If I don't do it it will open as coming from the latest bank I used. That does not happen with files from Natwest or Nationwide. Those banks' files are detected and identified automatically. My guess is that there is a setting that needs to be activated in the bank for the file to be identified correctly.

Is this something you could ask the Online team?

Thank you
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 85

19-01-21 , 08:26

Hi @Hcorreia, thanks for your message. I'll pass this on as feedback today.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap