Credit card contactless with android pay

View Tag Cloud
    I will record your feedback on the lack of Android Pay support. There are no current plans to support Android Pay but if this changes, we'll certainly make an announcement. It may be worth keeping in mind the Pay+ service, this can only be used at Tesco stores but it is available on Android and IOS devices, and has a higher transaction limit than currently provided for Apple Pay. More information on Pay+ can be found here: https://www.tesco.com/pay-plus/ – Joe
    Thank you for recording my feedback. Although I've done some research and it seems that this has been a the stock answer for the past few years: I take it that Tesco credit card will never support Android Pay. Your suggestion concerning the Pay+ service really isn't helpful - I don't just purchase goods at Tesco. Can anyone suggest a good credit card alternative that supports Android Pay? Thanks in advance.
    I wish to add my voice to the support of android pay. I end up paying with other credit / debit cards for all my non Tesco payments. You support the iphone, so why not android pay, so many more android devices out there now.
    Employee
    Hi Steve, thanks for getting in touch. Thanks for passing on your comments, I will take a note of this for feedback. If it is something we offer in the future, we will communicate this to all our customers - Carly
    I've just received my new Tesco card and I'm more than a little surprised to see it doesn't support Android Pay. I'd really like to know the reason for this because it pretty much negates my desire to use my Tesco card. It's about time Tesco woke up and realised Android is a ubiquitous device and Pay is no longer a nice to have, but a necessity in this digital age. It's just incredible that this hasn't been implemented yet and I wonder how many millions of pounds Tesco has lost due to this or just how many customers have walked away from their banking services. You can certainly count me as one who will be walking. I only bank with forward thinking banks, which Tesco clearly isn't.
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear about this. We don't have any plans to support Android Pay at the moment, however I have raised feedback regarding this
    , can you please explain why Tesco is ignoring customer demand for this service? A service that is now utterly ubiquitous and vital in this modern digital age. Since you support Apple Pay, why are you ignoring Android users, who far outweigh iPhone users in terms of market **bleep**.

Thank you.
    Employee
    , I’m sorry if you feel we are ignoring customers who contact us about Android Pay, this is certainly not the case. We take all of our customer feedback on board to help us improve our products and services. I appreciate how frustrating this must be, but as AinsleyC mentioned in her previous message, this is not something we are looking to support at the moment.
    I understand you're not looking to support it, but the question of why not still stands. You support Apple Pay, so why are you leaving Android used out in the cold? I've only recently signed up to Tesco Credit Card services, stupidly thinking Android Pay would be supported. Now I know it isn't and given no possibility of it any time soon, I am now looking to switch to another card.

I wonder just how many customers Tesco is going to lose due to their short sited view on this. Please answer the question, why do you have no plans to support this? Posting messages placating your customers is all well and good, but we want answers and no replies of goodwill.

Thank you.
    Former Your Community Expert
    This is no specific reason we choose not to support Android Pay, so I'm afraid I can't provide the rationale you request. We can only confirm that we have no current plans to support Android Pay and I'm sorry that you have decided to move elsewhere due to this. Although specific to Tesco stores, we do provide the Pay+ service which allows for contactless payments using a mobile device. Information on Pay + can be found here: https://www.tesco.com/pay-plus/.