Late payment fee

Fresh Eyes
    Why am I paying over 20 times the minimum payment every month on my pay day (19 of each month) and still being charged a late fee? It says that £25 is due by the 16, even if I pay 500 on the 19th then another 25 the next day I'm getting a late fee. I keep feeling as though I am being scammed by my own bank, it feels like theft. Do I have to specifically pay the say before the late fee is due? Or just constantly make multiple payments during the month?? I'm sick of it.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Administrator
    Verified Answer
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear this.

It is the case that you need to make your minimum payments in full by the due dates set out on your monthly statement. So in the example you give, if you are paying on the 19th when your due date is the 16th, this would be considered as late payment and would incur a late payment fee.

If the payment dates do not suit you because of when you get paid, you may wish to change them. You can also consider payment methods like direct debits which can prevent lateness. To do this, you can speak with a member of our team by calling 0345 300 4278 (Mon-Fri 8am-9pm // Sat-Sun 8am-4pm). They will be happy to discuss this and see if there is an arrangement which would suit you better. I hope this helps :)