Hi All

I saw an expired thread about direct debit problems and wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem .
https://community.tescobank.com/thre...pay-it-monthly

My direct debit was cancelled by Tesco saying they were told to cancel it by my bank!

This happened coincidentally when Tesco cancelled my card after a suspected fraud that didn't transpire , but they cancelled it anyway.

When I asked for written proof of the bank communication, Tesco said they could not send proof as it is considered "sensitive" bank information.

I contacted my bank and they confirmed they did nothing to stop a direct debit paying the minimum payment that's been paying every month since being set up on the September 22 .

I forwarded proof from my banks screen shot showing the direct debit was cancelled by the originator ,i.e. Tesco- the direct debit system is controlled by "AUDDIS" which showed all of the changes made to my direct debit is by the "originator " being Tesco .

Tesco use the card number as their direct debit reference number and shortly after the card was cancelled , Tesco cancelled the direct debit in the old card number , then reinstated into the new card number , then cancelled it again, so there was no direct debit in place for the next payment on the 21 st August .

On the 21 August the payment that normally goes out , didn't go out as I was unaware of this , no text , no letter , no e mail , no phone call .

The payment failed and I only found this out on the 1st September when I tried to use the card and immediately paid the minimum payment on the phone during my complaint .

Tesco reported a late payment on the 31 st August and my credit level dropped from excellent 247 points to fair

I sent a report on this to customer services and Tesco said the matter is at an "impasse" and they wont communicate any further .

So through no fault of the customer, Tesco ruin your credit level, so you will have a stain on your credit file for 6 years and then ignore the complaints procedure by not communicating and not commenting on your evidence

This has exposed a flaw in Tesco's banking transaction system and appears to show Tesco cancels its own direct debit if a credit card is cancelled due to suspected fraud.

This is a serious issue with Tesco's banking system that can ruin lives by dropping peoples credit scores for missed payments they trusted to their direct debit system.

Sorry this is long and thanks for reading , but I'm concerned in this period of financial turmoil that peoples lives are being affected with direct debits not being managed properly