Amount collected by full balance direct debit falls short of the statement amount

Just looking
    Regarding Tesco credit card, I set up a direct debit to collect the FULL BALANCE as I want to make payment easy and not be charged interest.

In the last 3 consecutive months, the amount taken by direct debit has fallen short of the amount due on the statement. The discrepancy each time relates to credits (refunds) to the credit card account which is outside of the statement period. As a result I have had to make a separate payment each time to cover the shortfall, to make sure I am not owing any money - I do not wish to be charged interest, I always like to pay the amount in full and not affect my credit rating.

Tesco Bank, please sort out your algorithm/calculation of direct debits for the FULL BALANCE - it should not include any credits/refunds outside of that statement period. It is not making payment easy as I have to double check the amount taken and extra time wasted calculating and paying for any shortfall. Thank you.
  • 2 Replies

Administrator
    @VanillaPiglet Thank you for contacting us.

A full statement balance direct debit adjusts accordingly as it takes in to consideration payments, refunds and credits that have been applied on to the account.

There is no requirement for you to manually pay the difference between the statement balance and the amount that was collected through direct debit.

Hope this helps. 😀
    Just looking
    Thank you AzeemA for answering my query and putting my mind at ease.