Can I set up a direct debit to pay off purchase money instead of my total balance?

Fresh Eyes
    So essentially I have this card with around £1000 balance transferred with 0% for 22 months. My normal purchases are not 0% and at are normal rates.

My plan would be to set up a direct debit for the money that came from purchases at the end of each month and pay them off in full. While making a separate card payment towards my balance transfer amount...

But the only option is to make a direct debit for the entire balance....I guess I'll just have to work out how much I spent each month and make two separate card payments? Debt down from 12k to 1k. But switched to this card so im completely new! Anyone know of any alternative ways?
    Last edited by AriaJordy; 06-09-23 at 12:51. Reason: Missed something out
  • 1 Reply

Administrator
    @AriaJordy Thank you for contacting us. 😀

Unfortunately there is no way to amend the direct debit to pay of just the full purchases balance on your statement.

On your monthly statement you will see a section under the minimum payment that will say "amount to pay to avoid interest". The balance shown on this section will take in to consideration the full purchases balance for that statement period. As long as you pay of this amount, then you will not incur interest on your purchases.

Hope this helps. 😀