PayPal Additional Fees Message?

Fresh Eyes
    Hi, as of about 6 months ago I used to be able to send money via paypal to someone i.e a friend, family member etc through my credit card without any additional fees. Now when I go to send money to someone through my credit card, this message appears...

Name:  Screenshot2023-09-01at15.24.41.png
Views: 319
Size:  76.2 KB

Like I say this message at the bottom saying about extra charges never appeared before... I was never charged any additional amounts either last time, so if I continue will there be additional charges or not? I'll be moving away from Tesco if so I think!
  • 2 Replies

Administrator
    @StewartPS Thank you for contacting us. 😀

Sending money to family or friends when using your Tesco Credit Card through Pay Pal now gets treated as a cash transaction.

When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate. This is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid.

We consider the following types of payments to be cash transactions: gambling transactions, wire/international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, purchasing gift cards, investments, share trading and spread betting.

Hope this helps. 😄
    Fresh Eyes
    @AzeemA wow, yea I’m moving away from Tesco now… that’s crazy…