Joint Credit Card on Account

Fresh Eyes
    Hello,

My husband recently applied for a Tesco credit card, and appears to have managed to apply for a joint one, because I ended up with a card, too. (How he was able to do that with zero input from me or checks from Tesco is a bit worrying but that's a different query.)

How do I get this new card to appear on my online banking? It has been activated and appears on my husband's account, but not mine.

Thank you for any help.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Administrator
    Verified Answer
    Hi there, thanks for your question. If your husband has applied for a credit card and been accepted then he will be the primary cardholder, with you being the additional card holder. Given he is the primary card holder, credit checks will have been carried out on him and he has sole liability for the account. This means that online banking access is restricted to the primary cardholder so you will not be able to access the online banking for this card unfortunately, as the additional card holder.

You can, however, still add your card to digital wallets like Google Pay and Apple Pay. If you wish to be able to manage your details on the account independently, you can do so by calling the number on the back of your card as our colleagues in the call centre will be more than happy to assist. I hope this helps 😊