Refund to current account

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, Ticketmaster have recently refunded some money for a concert that I purchased tickets for in 2019. This has recently been cancelled and Ticketmaster are saying that they have refunded the money to my Tesco debit card. I’ve seen on previous posts that you said the refund should be sent back to the retailer. However, Ticketmaster are saying that this hasn’t happened. They have given me an Acquirer’s Reference number which they say can be used to locate my funds. Could you help me with this please?

Also, in previous posts, you have directed people to ring the Current account phone number. I’ve tried this, but all I get is a recorded message before it cuts off.
  • 1 Reply

Investigator
    @neilmurphy1976

Hi I do t work for tesco in any way

But as you have a ARN number this is good news for yourself as it gives the bank the details of the transaction

What is the use of an ARN number?ARN stands for ‘Acquirer Reference Number’ and is a unique number that tags a (mainly a credit card) transaction when it goes from the merchants’ bank account (the acquiring bank) through the card scheme to the cardholder's bank account (the issuer). This number can be used by issuing banks to trace a transaction with an acquirer.
    Apparently, this unique number is used a lot whenever a payment is sent back by re-crediting a card. It is, some sort of Transaction ID like in normal payment case that we usually do.
    Generally, an ARN is generated within 24-72 business hours of initiating the refund.
    All you need to do is making a call on the customer care number (your credit card issuer) of the bank and provide the ARN to the concerning executive will help you trace the money instantly.
    STEP 1: Once the ARN is generated, it will come on the dashboard in the resolution center.
    STEP 2: Click on a Case to Check Details with ARN.
    Hope, you will find this helpful

Am unsure what phone number you are using to try to get though to chase this

If you would like me to find the relevant number for you I can do this for you as it is very frustrating when you can not get though to the relevant people and also to be cut off

Simon