Askmid

Fresh Eyes
    Hi

i changed my car policy on Friday to start from Saturday as I was picking up a new car. All was fine and changes were made successfully. I have all my documents in my online account to say I’m unsure but Askmid is still showing this morning (Monday) that the car is uninsured. I’m now worried to drive my new car as I know the police use this data base for their vehicle checks. Does anyone know when this will be updated?

many thanks

Mark
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Staff
    Verified Answer
    Hi @MarkR61, thanks for getting in touch. Your insurance is valid from midnight on the date you choose the cover to begin. If you're insuring a vehicle on the same day as taking out the policy, then your insurance is valid as soon as the payment is taken.

We notify the MIB immediately, however, we cannot influence how long it takes them to update the database. Your certificate of motor insurance, which is available to download from Your Insurance Account, confirms the exact date and time that your vehicle is insured from. I hope this clarifies things!
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi @MarkR61, thanks for getting in touch. Your insurance is valid from midnight on the date you choose the cover to begin. If you're insuring a vehicle on the same day as taking out the policy, then your insurance is valid as soon as the payment is taken.

We notify the MIB immediately, however, we cannot influence how long it takes them to update the database. Your certificate of motor insurance, which is available to download from Your Insurance Account, confirms the exact date and time that your vehicle is insured from. I hope this clarifies things! basket random
    Thanks for your feedback @MarkR61
    How can I download a soft copy of my insurance records?